Long time, no blog! Here’s a sneak peek at something we’ve been working on with our friends over at Inspire(d) Media - A list of books to Change The World!
(note: all links lead to Goodreads, the best site around for book nerds!* - while you’re there, join our group!)
- Radical Homemakers by Shannon Hayes! - It’s an interesting look at, you guessed it, homemaking. Thinking about going organic and homemade? Want to save a buck on food, clothing, and medical expenses**? Read this book!
- When Everything Changed by Gail Collins! - “When Everything Changed begins in 1960, when most American women had to get their husbands’ permission to apply for a credit card. It ends in 2008 with Hillary Clinton’s historic presidential campaign." Interested in feminism? Read this book!
- A Paradise Built in Hell by Rebecca Solnit! - Changing the world doesn’t just mean changing the circumstances that lead to tragedy and world suck. It can also mean changing the world’s reaction to tragedy. Do you doubt that joy can come from sorrow? Read this book!
- Color-Blind by Tim Wise! - Are we really living in a post-racial society? Is “colorblindness” a beneficial (or detrimental?) practice? Want to read an opinionated book on a relevant issue? Read this book!
- Pedaling Revolution by Jeff Mapes! - “Jeff Mapes traces the growth of bicycle advocacy and explores the environmental, safety, and health aspects of bicycling.” What more do I need to say? Read this book!
*My personal opinion. I haven’t been paid to say that!
**This is a pretty contentious point in the book, so just fair warning.
So what do you guys think? I haven’t read all of them, but they’re all high up on my to-read list now! Do you guys have any additions? Subtractions?